Mary Nicole Corriero graduated from Harvard University in 2005 with Cum Laude Honours in the field of Sociology. In 2008 she obtained her joint ‘JD/LLB’ degree from the Universities of Windsor and Detroit Mercy. Nicole was admitted to the Law Society of Upper Canada in 2009.
Nicole has worked with Rocco Lofranco since 2000. She started as a Summer associate with his firm at the age of 16, and worked with the firm every Summer until her graduation from Law School in 2008. She was admitted into the partnership of the firm in late 2009, shortly after her call to the bar.
Nicole's entire legal career has been devoted to acting on behalf of injured Plaintiffs. She has assisted clients with litigation of accident benefits claims, negligence claims, disability claims, CPP and Social Benefit Tribunal appeals, and wrongful dismissal claims. Nicole has appeared before various tribunals, has assisted on a number of jury trials in the Superior Court, and has also argued before the Divisional Court.
On February 22, 2013 Nicole argued the first FSCO Decision dealing with the Minor Injury Guidelines in Scarlett and Bel-Air. She was co-counsel on the Appeal before the Director’s Delegate, as well as co-counsel in the Divisional Court appeal.
Nicole served two terms as Chair of the Women's Trial Lawyers Caucus for OTLA and as an ex-officio member of OTLA's Board of Directors. Nicole also serves on the St. Thomas More Lawyers' Guild Board of Directors and volunteers with the Harvard Club of Toronto as an Alumni Admissions Interviewer.
Nicole is a regular participant in the annual PI Bar Hockey tournament in support of the Canadian Spinal Research Organization and in 2013, 2014 and 2015 was the top fundraiser of all participants.
At Harvard University, Nicole was a standout hockey player. She was a three-time All America selection and a 2005 ESPN “ESPY” Nominee. Nicole holds or shares a number of NCAA scoring records including:
• Goals in a season (men and women) with 59 goals in 36 games;
• Points Scored in a game (10 on November 7, 2003)
• Goals Scored in a game (6 on November 7, 2003)
• Goals per game average in a season (1.64 in 2005)
In June 2015, Nicole represented Team Italy at the World Streethockey Championships in Zug, Switzerland, and finished the tournament in the top 10 in scoring.
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 2009
- BA (Honours), Harvard University, Sociology, 2005
- JD/LLB, University of Windsor and Detroit Mercy, Faculty of Law, 2008
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Long Term Disability
- Wrongful Termination
- Product Liability Litigation
- Occupiers Liability Litigation
- Insurance Brokers Professional Negligence
PHONE NUMBER AND EXTENSION
1-866-LOFRANCO ext. 103
- Scarlett v. Bel-Air, 2015 ONSC 3635
- Surani v. Perth, A12-001274/A12-001275
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Advocates Society
- Medico-Legal Society of Toronto
- Toronto Lawyers Association
Anastasiia Semenets – 1-866-LOFRANCO ext. 177
Candace James – 1-866-LOFRANCO ext. 199
Ashlin Brar, Lawyer – 1-866-LOFRANCO ext. 119